— Today’s SPECIALS —
EVENING FOOD POP UP AT TODAY BREAD
We are inviting street food traders to pop up in our kitchen for a weekend including a Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.
Please read our INFORMATION PACK below and fill in the APPLICATION FORM below If you would like to take part.
We will be in touch if we are able to book you a spot!
TODAY SPECIAL’S is the pop up evening operation at TODY BREAD. We open up our kitchen to different street food traders to cook their food in the evenings after the cafe closes.
We are inviting active street food traders to do a 3 night pop up in our kitchen on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. If you would like to take part, please read the information below and then fill in the online application form.
Who are we looking for?
We welcome London based Street Food Traders who:
• Cook amazing food they are passionate about with an appealing, good value evening menu. • Have excellent service and rapport with customers.
• Actively promote what they do and have the ability to pull a crowd.
• Are very professional and great people to work with our team.
We can offer:
• A pitch in our kitchen to serve food for 3 consecutive nights.
• Our cafe seating are (seats up to about 40x people at the same time)
• Background music and WIFI, water jugs and glasses
• Promotion through our network including our social media, website event page, mailing list, plus posters designed in-house displayed in our café.
We ask for:
As a payment for the space, we will take 20% of your food sales. We will ask you to show us a sales report at the end of each evening and we will invoice you at the end of your residency.
How does it work?
Your pop up will run from a Thursday to a Saturday. Each night runs from 5:30–10pm, with food service at 6:30-9:30pm. Traders are expected to arrive at 5pm to start setting up, with access to the kitchen at 5:30pm for food service beginning at 6:30pm sharp. You can use equipment in our kitchen or bring your own.
We have a large induction hob, a double panini grill, a dishwasher and an oven (to be set by our staff).
We do not have fridge space to keep food overnight.
There are 4 x 13amp power points available in the kitchen for any equipment you want to bring with you.
You need to bring your own:
• cooking utensils i.e. knives, pots & pans, tongs, scraper etc. basically anything required for your service
• disposables to serve customers i.e. plates, cutlery, napkins etc.
• seasoning, salt, pepper, sauces etc
• cleaning products i.e. anti-bac spray, blue roll etc.
• power extension cords and power boards.
The number of covers in a night varies from around 25 – 60+, depending on natural fluctuations however we will do our best to inform you of expected covers for each night.
Taking Payments and Running the Floor
You will be responsible to take your own orders & payments, run your own food and clear your own plates from tables. While the Today Bread bar staff will give you a hand if it gets busy, they are there to run the bar, so you will need to ensure you have enough staff to manage your operations.
Food & Drink Swap
We offer 1-2 drinks for each of your staff (draught beer, glass of house wine or bottle of soft drink) in exchange for feeding our bar staff & owners.
Other Important Details
• The invitation is for food sales only. All drinks sales must be done by our bar.
• Your menu needs to include a few starters or sides, 2-3 mains and at least one vegan option. You may also include a desert.
• Menu should be reasonably priced with mains under £10.
• At the end of each night you must clean down the kitchen to how you found it, as it needs to be ready for our morning service.
• If you break any of our equipment, you will be expected to replace it.
• You should be able to take card payments. Eligibility You will be already trading and be able to produce the following documents:
• Public Liability Insurance
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• Food Business Registration
• PAT Testing Certificate for any of your own electrical equipment
• Logo and high quality photos of your menu items You are active online in promoting your brand and the night and have the following:
• Facebook Page
We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you from the TODAY BREAD team!
FIRE EVACUATION PROCEDURE DURING YOUR EVENT
Keep fire doors closed and the fire fighting equipment unobstructed.
If you discover a fire, trigger the alarm immediately.
Sound the alarm by activating the nearest call point and shouting ‘fire’.
Ensure someone (this should be the fire marshal) calls the Fire Service (ring 999) giving the correct address: 6-10 Central parade, Hoe Street E17 4RT
Evacuate the building using your nearest fire exit making sure you close all doors as you do. Trained staff should conduct quick floor sweeps prior to leaving their area to ensure all persons have evacuated.
Make your way to the muster/assembly point. Take note of any beneficial information and report this to the fire marshal to be passed onto the fire brigade.
THE MUSTER POINT IS AT THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING OUTSIDE THE MAIN DOORS
Please do not try to tackle a fire with the extinguishers unless you are trained to do so.
Be aware of your safety and only assist others if it is safe to do so.
Confirm to the fire marshal that your area of the building is vacated and clear so he/she will be able to tick your area off the checklist.
The fire pack is located above the control panel next to the front door. It contains a high visibility jacket, a check list and all relevant paperwork that should be handed to the fire brigade. It is the designated persons responsibility to use this pack.
The designated person at the assembly point will be the Meanwhile Space representative if they are on site. If they are not in attendance the responsibility falls to any tenant that accepts the role at the muster point. It will then be up to this lead tenant to communicate with the fire brigade when they arrive and to relay any information to them.
DO NOT FOR ANY REASON RE-ENTER THE BUILDING!